I am a content writer with more than three years of experience writing for small businesses and startups in a range of industries, from tech to travel.
I have a BA Hons in English Literature and German from the University of Warwick and an MA in Convergent Journalism from HMKW Berlin.
Content First Marketing — Freelance Editor
December 2020 – PRESENT
- Managing a team of writers to produce high-quality work for the client accounts I’m in charge of
- Editing blog articles to optimize for best SEO performance and according to client branding
Conversion Advocates — Freelance Content Editor
February 2020 – PRESENT
- Editing blog articles and web copy to optimize for best SEO performance
- Writing, pitching, and publishing thought leadership articles at prominent publications, including Entrepreneur and Forbes Middle East
Humanity Innovation Labs / Hybrid Research Computing, Remote — Freelance Copywriter and Digital Manager
February 2020 – August 2020
- Managing Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts across paid and organic campaigns
- Creating and growing an engaged Facebook group of over 1500 members
YoorToors, Remote — Marketing Assistant
December 2019 – August 2020
- Writing blog articles and digital tours for a travel app
- Finding and recruiting other writers from around the world to write their own tours
Phiture, Berlin — Copywriting Assistant
October 2019 – March 2020
- Writing text for apps and app stores for various clients, including Adobe, Headspace, Tubi, Norton, and more
- Coordinating teams of translators around the world and proof-reading and editing their copy translations
- Leading writing workshops to help the entire team with their professional writing skills
GotPhoto, Berlin — Marketing Working Student
November 2018 – October 2019
- In charge of social media for UK and US markets, managing Facebook groups of over 5000 members
- Targeted blog article writing, including SEO
Are you looking for help in building high-quality content for your website or blog? Look no further.
I also created a range of content for travel app startup, YoorToors, covering topics like mental health while travelling solo, diversity in the travel industry, and deep dives into cities like Berlin and Salzburg. Download the articles to read at the link below:
In addition, I ran the Facebook and Instagram pages, including curating and publishing the #WhyDoWeTravel series. This series highlights diverse travel content creators who all bring a unique perspective to the world of travel. You can see some of the content shared for this series here.
I also contribute to the Solo Female Travel blog, writing informative and insightful content for the modern traveler:
Accessing information in healthcare needs to be as clear and accessible as possible. I pride myself on commnicating sometimes complicated information clearly, so that people can find the help they need when they need it.
SaaS and Tech Startups
As a copywriter for Phiture, a mobile growth consultancy based in Berlin, I developed a keen understanding of ASO (app search optimisation), as well as honed my concise use of language. Writing app store descriptions that include the key features while still sticking to a character limit proved my attention to detail and ability to write captivating yet concise copy. I also wrote a series of blog articles for Phiture, linked below:
Prior to this, I also created regular blogs and whitepapers for SaaS, GotPhoto, a sales platform for school photographers. Selected content for them is linked here:
I have written extensively on career advice for students and young freelancers. You can also find my professional career advisory services here.
I create regular website content and external guest posts for a range of businesses as their ghostwriter, with placements on Forbes Middle East blogs reaching thousands of readers everyday. Links upon request.
Rachael is a dedicated and organized writer, communicator, and creator. A strong editor and leader, Rachael is a great value to any team or organization.
Maura Sheedy, Make Muse